Show Us Your Layout

112 Responses to “Show Us Your Layout”
        Robert still

My layout is approximately 18’ x 18’ in a 20’x20’ room only one track now, have 3 trains running in it in process of laying 2nd track trying to determine how I want switched and siding tracks snd where buildings will be as to run lights. One building (Valley Citrus Packers hah Plexiglass roof with conveyors office and people with boxes of citrus on conveyors and pallets of citrus . Lumber yard has lumber in racks with plexiglass roofs allowing you to see the lumber. Working on power plant row shops union station and several others. Started working on layout last year figure it will take another year for completion

Customer Service

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting us. You will want to go to the Menu tab, Blog and then Layout Gallery to post your pictures of the layout.

We look forward to seeing them.

Sincerely,

Joan
        Model Railroad Academy Video Membership

1. Jon Harrison
    Jon Harrison

My former profession involved building scale models of satellites and testing them in my home drop tower. I am now building a very accurate model of Cajon Pass Summit and the downhill areas of Alray and Gish in my home in Portland, Oregon. The layout is roughly 30×60 ft.

Warner Swarner

I have many wonderful memories and photos of chasing trains (and even cab ride) over Cajon. Lived near there, Loma Linda area, for ten years. Now, in Portland also. Would love to share stories and see more of your layout.

2. Philip C
    Philip C

Modeling in N scale , lots of kitbashing and modifying locos and rolling stock . The stagecoach body was originally a bracelet charm .

Franklin

I worked in the coal business and saw this scene all through the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee. Notice the mining equipment waiting to go in the mouth of the mine.

3. John
    John

Two passenger trains entering and leaving town. Entire set only 2’x9′. Unfortunately, set torn down when moved. Hoping for bigger set in new house.

4. Katherine Ledebuhr
    Katherine Ledebuhr

It was essential to have the new layout operational from the start to spark the interest of the grandchildren who were helping. Although it was fun to be building with a train running around you; it did make the construction challenging. We really appreciated the help of the 10 year old who was able to squeeze into tight spots during construction and the help of the 4 year old who was light enough to climb onto hard to reach areas for placing landscape and accents to the layout.

5. Justin
    Justin

Santa Fe HO layout inspired by the Surf Line. Around the room and single peninsula. Focussed on citrus industry. Single main line. Six months in on this project so far. Regards from Sydney, Australia

6. Bob
    Bob

Started this 12×6 “dog bone” HO layout in 2012-2013. Of course, every year something is added/subtracted or improved. Just started DCC 2 years ago and still learning my way. I have been “HO train involved” since about 1960 and even still have some rolling stock on the layout from back then!

7. Doug
    Doug

Loved my layout but basement problems necessitated its removal. Something smaller (N-scale) being considered now. Layout was 30 years old- time for a re-build.

8. Francis Coarr
    Francis Coarr

Just started N scale Railroading, Building my first layout through trial and error…

9. dholsinger
    dholsinger

Is this THE Mystic Mountain in north Georgia? Was there about six years ago. Not sure that it still existed.

10. dholsinger
    dholsinger

What great color! Trees are absolutely magnificent. Do you utilize kits or are they “home-made”?

11. RAYMOND
    RAYMOND

This is my first N gauge RR. Have built HO before (40 years ago) but this has been fun. It’s not finished yet. Lots of detail work to do. Previously I built 54mm military dioramas… Civil War, the Alamo, WWII… etc… In 2004 my diorama of the Battle of the Alamo was displayed at the Witte Museum in San Antonio Texas and also at the San Jacinto Monument in Houston…

12. Richard Ridgely
    Richard Ridgely

I’m building my 3rd HO layout…. took a 35 year resting period… lol Theme is based on the transitional period of logging in the production of lumber at the mill and paper manufacturing at the paper mill… future expansion will in a 4’x4′ mountain tree harvesting and loading site….. all comments or suggestions are welcome….

13. Chuck Sable
    Chuck Sable

This is the CNW Milwaukee Station on my 14 x 24 foot Chicago and Northwestern Lines Wisconsin Division layout circa 1956. During a typical 3 hour operating session eleven trains will depart and arrive here.

14. WALT
    WALT

gairbear05, Great work. I love the detail and sepia is perfect for the time period of your module.

15. Chris RYAN
    Chris RYAN

Based on Bennett BC but re-imagined as a coal mining town. Travelled the White Pass Yukon Route last year and bought these little wooden blocks which I cut down and added a roof.

Customer Service

Hello Herb,

Looks like the email on your membership is ahebje@gmail.com

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-208-7399, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Sincerely,

Joan
      Model Railroad Academy Video Membership

16. Ian Dawson
    Ian Dawson

garciatony60 could you please tell me where you got that beautiful Red & Black B model Mack . Thanking you

17. Dave
    Dave

Very nice display. Shows what a Christmas layout(s) should feel like and be. Thanks for sharing.

18. GEOFFREY
    GEOFFREY

The scenery on the original shelf layout is now virtually complete. Two of my grand daughters requested that I put a movie theater on the layout so the oil company tank farm got moved to make space for the theater downtown.

19. Terrance j cummins
    Terrance j cummins

Layout is under continuous growth. This edition is less than six months old. Set up on a 4X8′ , this “N” gauged layout is in its infancy.

20. terry cummins
    terry cummins

Very much in its infancy this N scale layout is my retirement busy work! I am just coming to the realization that a model railroad is never completely done. It just reaches levels of completion.

21. Jaskowiak Michael
    Jaskowiak Michael

I used the same houses which I bought at the dollar store during the holidays. I modified them by painting them, creating row houses, etc.

22. Dennis Stofan
    Dennis Stofan

Plain and simple that probably took a great deal of work. The phone pole in the shot is perfectly placed. Nice job. My vote goes to you.

23. Joe LoCasale
    Joe LoCasale

I’m building a layout based on German railroad. I would like additional pictures or contact info for GM impala.

Customer Service

Hello Joe,

I would suggest a Google Search first, I’m sure you will find what you are looking for there.

Sincerely,

Joan
      Model Railroad Academy Video Membership

24. Strtekman
    Strtekman

I’m working on a 4’x8′ table made from a diagram I found in one of the Model R/R magazines I get and the scale on the table is N scale. I have no name yet that runs around the table, has a bridge and part is for passengers loading.

25. GEOFFREY
    GEOFFREY

This is the diagram of the layout as it is now. I doubt that it will be added to but everything has scenery except the shelf and bridge that runs behind the day bed.

26. Thomas Kaufman
    Thomas Kaufman

This is my American Flyer S gauge layout that resembles one I had when I was a kid back in the late 50’s and early 60’s.

27. CARLOS
    CARLOS

I BUY MY FIRST TRAIN SET 50 YEARS AGO, I AM 66 TODAY AND MY LAYOUT SIZE IS OVER 70 SQUARE FEET, HO SCALE AND AC,DC AND DCC MODELS.
    OVER 180 MACHINES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD BRANDS, PASSANGER, FREIGHT AND A LOT OF STUFF HAND MADE BY MYSELF, I LIVED IN LIMA, PERU

Customer Service

Hello Dave!

Great question!

You’ll scroll underneath all the submitted photos until you see the option to upload your own!

Thank you!

Jessica
      Model Railroad Academy Video Membership

28. Dan Gallant
    Dan Gallant

This is just one corner of the layout – it covers 15 x 12 x 15 x 12 with a peninsula in the middle. I’m enjoying working on it more now that I am retired!

29. john spampinato
    john spampinato

meant too say 50`s…. NOT 30`s….(with Diesel engines, not being used till 50`)
    LOL

Customer Service

Hello Max,

Than you for contacting us. I have sent you a email regarding your membership status, please check your email.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Sincerely,

Joan
      Model Railroad Academy Video Membership

30. Robert Rivera
    Robert Rivera

Meant to say “the layout is not a model of a specific location but is a mix of many inspirations.”

31. H. LYALL
    H. LYALL

I have built up a hundred Popsicle sticks, but they’re really way too large for HO. I’m planning to cut them down to use them (when I get a round2it.)

32. David Hayes
    David Hayes

These are some old pics of my layout before I revamped it about a month ago. Now i have three more industries anda slightly larger yard.

33. IAN
    IAN

My 7th Layout in 4 years , have had this one for 2 years am making all the points (48) working using EzyBus developed by MERG UK . Just enjoying myself and having great fun

34. Meir Sprecher
    Meir Sprecher

As I don’t like “wall-hugging” layouts (I feel they are two dimensional and the whole joy of model train layouts is its three dimensional view), my layout has an approx 10 by 10 feet size. It includes a full nation “Sprecherland” with a capital, agricultural landscaping a river and an Alpine winter resort. Bellow it there is a shadow station that doubles as a showcase for some of my rolling stock. As this is my own nation I don’t care about era’s or so I just have what I like.
    So I hope that you will enjoy the photos

35. LORNA
    LORNA

Our layout is on a 4 x 8 tilt base. It’s all to HO scale. We have a full town, Church, cemetery, quilt shop, loading doc, depot ,on the second level farm house, garden, barn, saw mill, gold mine, miners house etc,,,We thought this was be somewhere in Colorado