Show Us Your Layout

63 Responses to “Show Us Your Layout”
  1. Jon Harrison

My former profession involved building scale models of satellites and testing them in my home drop tower. I am now building a very accurate model of Cajon Pass Summit and the downhill areas of Alray and Gish in my home in Portland, Oregon. The layout is roughly 30×60 ft.

• Warner Swarner

I have many wonderful memories and photos of chasing trains (and even cab ride) over Cajon. Lived near there, Loma Linda area, for ten years. Now, in Portland also. Would love to share stories and see more of your layout.

2. Philip C

Modeling in N scale , lots of kitbashing and modifying locos and rolling stock . The stagecoach body was originally a bracelet charm .

• Franklin

I worked in the coal business and saw this scene all through the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee. Notice the mining equipment waiting to go in the mouth of the mine.

3. John

Two passenger trains entering and leaving town. Entire set only 2’x9′. Unfortunately, set torn down when moved. Hoping for bigger set in new house.

4. Katherine Ledebuhr

It was essential to have the new layout operational from the start to spark the interest of the grandchildren who were helping. Although it was fun to be building with a train running around you; it did make the construction challenging. We really appreciated the help of the 10 year old who was able to squeeze into tight spots during construction and the help of the 4 year old who was light enough to climb onto hard to reach areas for placing landscape and accents to the layout.

5. Justin

Santa Fe HO layout inspired by the Surf Line. Around the room and single peninsula. Focussed on citrus industry. Single main line. Six months in on this project so far. Regards from Sydney, Australia

6. Bob

Started this 12×6 “dog bone” HO layout in 2012-2013. Of course, every year something is added/subtracted or improved. Just started DCC 2 years ago and still learning my way. I have been “HO train involved” since about 1960 and even still have some rolling stock on the layout from back then!

7. Doug

Loved my layout but basement problems necessitated its removal. Something smaller (N-scale) being considered now. Layout was 30 years old- time for a re-build.

8. Francis Coarr

Just started N scale Railroading, Building my first layout through trial and error…

9. dholsinger

Is this THE Mystic Mountain in north Georgia? Was there about six years ago. Not sure that it still existed.

10. dholsinger

What great color! Trees are absolutely magnificent. Do you utilize kits or are they “home-made”?

11. RAYMOND

This is my first N gauge RR. Have built HO before (40 years ago) but this has been fun. It’s not finished yet. Lots of detail work to do. Previously I built 54mm military dioramas… Civil War, the Alamo, WWII… etc… In 2004 my diorama of the Battle of the Alamo was displayed at the Witte Museum in San Antonio Texas and also at the San Jacinto Monument in Houston…

12. Richard Ridgely

I’m building my 3rd HO layout…. took a 35 year resting period… lol Theme is based on the transitional period of logging in the production of lumber at the mill and paper manufacturing at the paper mill… future expansion will in a 4’x4′ mountain tree harvesting and loading site….. all comments or suggestions are welcome….

13. Chuck Sable

This is the CNW Milwaukee Station on my 14 x 24 foot Chicago and Northwestern Lines Wisconsin Division layout circa 1956. During a typical 3 hour operating session eleven trains will depart and arrive here.

14. WALT

gairbear05, Great work. I love the detail and sepia is perfect for the time period of your module.

15. Chris RYAN

Based on Bennett BC but re-imagined as a coal mining town. Travelled the White Pass Yukon Route last year and bought these little wooden blocks which I cut down and added a roof.

Hello Herb,

Looks like the email on your membership is ahebje@gmail.com

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-208-7399, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Sincerely,

Joan
      Model Railroad Academy Video Membership

16. Ian Dawson

garciatony60 could you please tell me where you got that beautiful Red & Black B model Mack . Thanking you

17. Dave

Very nice display. Shows what a Christmas layout(s) should feel like and be. Thanks for sharing.